Sunday, May 10, 2009

Desperation Time for Canucks Fans : DO WHAT YA GOTTA DO

Alright Canucks fans, it's backs-against-the-wall time. It'll be tough to take two straight against the 'Hawks, but I have faith that the boys can pull it off.

So far in this series the Canucks have won both games I've watched at a bar, and lost the three I watched at home or at a friend's place. So, naturally, I will be returning to the same bar where I watched Games One and Three for the game tomorrow night. Not that I'm superstitious or anything.

I am also going to wear every piece of Vancouver Canucks clothing I own (not including items in storage) as well as boxers with shamrocks on them - all in the hopes that it will help support the Canucks to a huge victory! It will look ridiculous, but that's fine - the playoffs are not about fashion (perhaps that's why Sean Avery's teams never go anywhere in the post-season?). My outfit will look something like this:

Aside from the shoes, socks, jeans and belt, every piece of clothing is Canucks/shamrock related (the boxers will NOT be Britney-style over the pants, they're just there for the photo). I will have my Canucks hoodie on underneath my jersey, and be wearing my hat. Not sure if I will actually wear the scarf the whole night, but I may. The towel will be waving at every opportune moment, the view of the people behind me be damned.

So that's what I feel I've gotta do. My message to Canucks fans is "DO WHAT YA GOTTA DO!"

If you believe in voodoo then poke the hell out of your Nikolai Khabibulin and Dustin Byfuglien dolls. If you are superstitious then stick a horseshoe on a lucky rabbit's foot and hope for the best. Personally, I never ever pray for the outcome of a sporting event - but if you're religious and feel comfortable praying for a Canucks victory then by all means ask for a little divine assistance!

Here's hoping for a Game Six victory and a chance to take the series back here on home ice. GO CANUCKS!!!

No comments: