Sunday, September 7, 2008

Summer hiatus is over!

After a summer hiatus ’Nucks and Pucks is ready to drop the puck on the 08-09 season! Now featuring its very own URL (www.nucksandpucks.com) the blog will hopefully become increasingly professional as I continue to improve it. Areas I hope to improve include:

• Graphics: I have created a basic logo for the blog, which I will try to improve upon as time goes on. I am also planning to incorporate more pictures into my posts, which should spruce up the site and add to its overall quality.

• Frequency of posts:
I will aim to post once or twice a week during the season, so check back regularly for my thoughts about the Canucks and the NHL.

• Audience interactivity:
I encourage my readers to post comments if anything strikes them, and I am open to posting content from guest bloggers. If you have any ideas for content or would like to contribute to the site, please email me at nucksandpucks@gmail.com.

• Outside content: I will continue to link to other hockey sites and will try to increase the number of video links.

I have a few ideas planned for upcoming posts. In the coming weeks I will post a series of preseason predictions, including order of finish in each conference and major award winners. I will also share my thoughts on the season outlook for the Canucks with a detailed preview. Other ideas for upcoming posts include my Top 10 Trevor Linden moments, my Top 5 Toronto Maple Leafs jokes and a debate about the best European players of all-time. My next post will present some compelling storylines to watch as the 2008-09 season gets underway.

Thanks for reading ’Nucks and Pucks, and I hope you check back frequently in the upcoming months as I continue to build the site.

No comments: